Old 01-20-21, 10:34 AM
CriticalThought

Bikes: Santana Sovereign Tandem, Five Rings Carbon, Lemond Alpe d'Huez, Miele Latina, Hercules Tourist, Mercian Super Tourist Tandem, Birdy BD-1, Duell Solo, Jack Taylor Marathon Tandem, Raleigh RSW-16, DL-1, and Superbe

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 61 Posts
Thanks niliraga repechage and gaucho777

I'm kind of surprised how much I'm enjoying this bike, the colors, and the mint 3 arm Campagnolo "sport" crank. I was tempted to bring it back to "original", but I'm glad I didn't. I really like the current set-up, though it remains to be seen if I am able to ride it up my favorite (pretty long and steep!) routes into the mountains near here. I typically ride my more modern (think carbon) bikes up there but I really want to ride this Swiss guy up there! Seems apropos somehow.

I've heard more than one person say they found one of these Pacers with a Wrights saddle (which I always found odd). And I think that little Made in Switzerland decal looks great on this bike as well, but I am pretty sure it was as-original on a different Swiss bike, an Allegro I think. And yes, the rear derailleur does look painful at the moment, but I think it will work (so long as I don't try going big/big!, right!). We shall see. I am hoping to get the hubs and wheels sorted before Spring when the snow melts so that I can post some pictures of it up in some beautiful alpine pastures & passes! And thanks for posting the recent picture of yours, Gauacho! I'm tempted to add the red highlights to the hubs like yours once mine are all polished up.