Old 09-09-18, 07:03 PM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
Fiesta Island Time Trail 20K 2 person team event. I raced with my wife as a partner and we were 3 of 5 in the open division and 1 of 3 for male / female teams.

Volunteers make these events happen and thanks to @TMonk and @wktmeow for getting up early and helping out at the race.

Photo by @TMonk

We had a 7:01 start time with temps in the high 60s, 100% humidity and some fog. The visibility and road conditions were good. 20k on Fiesta Island is 3 laps so one gets to practice the course with each lap and we train on this course all the time so we know it very well. The race promoter San Diego Bicycle Club does an excellent job running the event and the road is closed to traffic.

Even though we arrived an hour ahead of our start time, by the time we got our number, pinned on number and organized bike stuff, we ended up only getting about 10 minutes of warmup. We had a good start with my wife leading out. The race and the exchanges went according to plan. Even though we have raced the tandem as a team, this was our first team time trial on TT bikes. I thought the execution was very good and we may do the next one as a team.