View Single Post
Old 07-21-19, 09:11 PM
bradyweb

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito CV Disc Ultegra | Fuji Sportif 1.5 - 2017 | Windsor Cyclo Cross Bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by nomadmax
Gotcha

But if you train hard and smart, you're gonna be one of the "good guys" very soon. Buy some tires and wear them out with a training plan. This is one of the last fair things on earth, you can't buy it (barring the subject of PEDs) you have to earn it. I suspect you will
Thanks, Max. Since I joined this particular cycling club and I get in on at least 1 if not 2 rides per week, I have improved significantly. We do about 35 miles per ride with a fair amount of elevation included. That on top of just the natural competitiveness of wanting to keep up with other riders and pushing harder to do so, is the best thing that has happened to me.

Previously I was just riding 35-40 miles on a near flat route with my only motivation being to beat my own PRs. I wasn't really getting anywhere very fast.

I've found that hills make me want to cry just a little bit each time but they sure are beneficial in making improvements to my strength, speed, and stamina!
Likes For bradyweb: