Old 01-02-20, 09:08 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 174 Times in 115 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty
I’m not sure what the new year will bring for bike riding.

In the short term our nanny has let us know she is looking for a full time job with a retirement plan. Once she’s off, I don’t know how soon or even if we will get another. Daycare runs would definitely put a crimp in the bike commuting fun. I’m also going to need my defibrillator replaced this month, which would likely mean a week or two off. Not as long as for the first time since there’s no new wires.

In the medium term it’s all about health. I’m NOT normally-abled when it comes to my heart, the surgery was an improvement but not a cure. If I need to do more than my usual four days / 7.5 mi RT, I might start looking at an e bike. If I still can’t make it work, I’ll be looking at a gym membership instead. That’s probably a good idea anyhow... my chest is weak since the surgery.

And that’s all assuming the rest of the family is fine...
Sorry to hear you're still having heart troubles and complications from the open heart surgery. I am thankful that I recovered from mine quickly and completely. When I hear about others such as you that didn't have the same fortune it makes me feel a little guilty.