View Single Post
Old 07-09-19, 11:00 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2497 Post(s)
Liked 741 Times in 523 Posts
A Trek Domane is a high performance bike. About as kindly as I can put it is that the o.p. uses an awful lot of "I thinks" and "might be's" and other imprecision to be the kind of cyclist that usually purchases a bike like this. There is tons of material online about bike fit. Is the "Competitive Cyclist" website and fit calculator still active anyone know? Bike fit isn't rocket science but a person can really do themselves lasting harm if they don't know what they are doing with fit. Make a minimum of three measurements of each parameter and average the results. If you are really green, have someone else make critical measurements while you sit or stand naturally. I would not be looking to 'upgrade' the stock saddle of a Domane! Change it maybe (or not) but 'upgrade' implies that the OEM is somehow ... inferior. Seriously?

FWIW the Bontrager Affinity is a nice saddle, if a cyclist cannot get on with it ... with all due respect, the problem isn't the saddle. If you get from that that I do NOT subscribe to the common wisdom that we are all unique and individual snowflakes and have to come to the perfect saddle by long (and possibly expensive) experimentation .... no. Just no. I have never used one but I have read enough reviews both professional and user side to be able to recommend WTB saddles to users on a budget looking for a solid performer. I'm planning on on for a project bike. I own a lot of bikes and a few of them are tandems so I own a LOT of saddles. With only a few exceptions the saddle that came on the bike is the saddle I use with the bike! Successfully. Only the tandems ever came with saddles so absolutely low end or comfort plush that they couldn't be used for normal riding. FWIW.