Old 07-03-19, 03:45 AM
evbkzzzz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need some help building a friction drive.

Hey all!
I am new to this forum and ebikes as well. I would like to build a ebike myself.
This is going to be my first build and I have few questions ahead. Hope you guys help me with it.

Here is what I am trying to achieve:
  1. control engagement and disengagement using the front derailleurs
  2. Keep the motor power at or below 250W still being able to achieve 25Km/hr without pedal assist.
  3. Climbs hill with a incline of 15deg
  4. Be able to use on wet and muddy weathers
What motors should I be using on my build? I researched online and get the idea that 200kv is the right choice. But have no understanding why. Am I correct? Should I stick to a 200kv motor?
I also read that the speed depends on the diameter of the drive wheel and for a 2.5in drive wheel 2000rpm is required for speed of 25km/hr.
Should I drive the motor shell directly or should I use a coating of sandpaper or rubber? Sandpaper provides best cof but wears out the tires pretty soon... Couldn't get much info on rubber.... is there something that can hit a number between?
Coming to the tires, what kinda tires should I use? flat centre region?
If I want to be able to accelerate the cycle from rest, should I stick to using smaller rollers? I read large rollers have terrible low end power.. How does the diameter of the roller affect the power delivery? speed? torque?

Thanks!