Old 08-02-19, 06:00 AM
mrt2you

Bikes: trek 720 multitrack hybred, 92 trek 2300, 2010 specialized roubaix, 2014 specialized roubaix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
you have a valid point on the fear of being killed by a car.
i myself have been clipped by a dumb ass in a landscaping truck towing a trailer. he thought it would be funny if he passed by me really close and get tossed around by air movement. the only problem was he forgot about the extended mirrors on the truck required to see around the trailer and i got hit by the mirror. worse yet he left the scene of the accident. thank god for several concerned motorists and a LEO that was on routine patrol almost right behind me. they helped catch the driver ASAP. i was only temporarily knocked out but held for observation overnight in the hospital. yes i had a helmet on and it might have saved my life, my head hit the curb when i went down.
after everything got straightened out i got a fair amount of $$$ for a down payment on a house. it should have been a lot more but it was a really complicated insurance mess.
because of this i try to make myself as visible as possible. i wear both florescent green and orange if i can. i have a bright headlight and tail lights. and try my best to ride on the roads when traffic is light.
i do the best i can do to protect myself, after that if i get hit and die i get hit and die. at least i went out doing something i enjoy instead of dying of old age a invalid and bedridden.
Likes For mrt2you: