Old 11-19-17, 07:56 AM
SethAZ 

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R260, 2005 Diamondback 29er, 2003 Trek 2300

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 334 Times in 182 Posts
Originally Posted by garciawork
Hmm, not sure I understand the logic of using the gravel fork on that bike... Doesn't that tweak the front end height with a higher axle to crown? It looked like they didn't change anything between the 250 and 260 aside from chainstay length, so that would cause issues, to me at least. Enve does have a newer disk fork with the same axle to crown as the Lynskey #5 that'll clear 32's, but man that sucker is expensive.
First I need to point out that Lynskey's web page on the R260 is factually in error. It lists the road fork in the specifications for the R260, but that is a mistake from them simply copying and pasting the R250 description into the new R260 description and then changing whatever was different. It does in fact ship with the gravel fork.

Secondly I think you make a good point. I have noticed significantly more wheel flop at low speeds on my bike than, say, my Trek 2300 has. I would expect something like that if they slackened the head tube angle without also increasing the fork rake to keep the trail within a more neutral range. My problem is that I have no prior experience with such "comfort" or "endurance" designs to know whether a more neutral trail is even desired or expected, or whether they intentionally trade off low-speed stability for the ability to ride like it's on a rail on fast descents and the like. I got up to around 41 mph yesterday on a certain descent, and the bike really was confidence inspiring, even as I forced my "big boy" physique down into perhaps an overly aggressive "escape velocity tuck."