View Single Post
Old 12-07-18, 07:53 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
I'm still laughing about weight-weenies with fatbikes ... it's like the Bizarro World.

Your opinion is duly noted. But your opinion is just that, your opinion.

Local bike shops don't stock Surly so now nobody can buy Surly (reminder: this can cut both ways).

I go back to my statement in post 13 - Pugsley is not designed or intended for fast single-track riding, it best suited for long rides on the road less traveled. Based on your posts, it appears you don't use your fatbike on endurance ride, so you'll not likely see the value in balancing the reliability of steel and the additional wight. While out on self-supported endurance rides, you need to carry a lot of gear with you ... you'll never be 'light', so there's a bigger focus on reliability. It's been a great balance of me. Many of the riders I leave behind on races ... they're dealing with mechanical issues. My Pugsley, it's never forced me to stop on a race.

In case you're not clear on this, I don't hate on CF fatbikes, I'm planning to add a Beargrease to the stable, it'll be for single-track riding - it's the right bike for that kinda riding.