Old 05-09-19, 01:12 AM
Chris0516

Bikes: 2003 (24)20-Speed Specialized Allez'

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
If I am injured at the side of road and getting help from EMT, and you haven't witnessed the event, please keep your advocacy to yourself. At that moment, I have more immediate needs than you serving your version of the "cause".
Why do you think, I would stop an EMT from doing their job? But if an EMT is not on-scene, I would certainly stop to help.
Originally Posted by Maelochs
So I am assuming you can provide us withthe specifics (case numbers, police reports, newspaper articles, whatever) showing the multiple times this has happened in these many jurisdictions, all which evidence would prove that all the cops hate all the cyclists and help all the drivers?
It is overlapping police departments

In the DC-Metro region, along with the MPD(DC). There is the Maryland State Police, and the Virginia State Police. Then there are 16 county police departments/sheriffs office, in MD n' VA, within the Metro region. Within those counties in the DC-Metro region, there are 24 city police departments. That is forty-three police agency opportunities, with thousands of officers, to cite a cyclist in the region. For an accident that wasn't their fault. Regardless of what the traffic code says.
Originally Posted by Maelochs
And also, please list the cases where you, having not seen the accident, and not knowing any of the facts, successfully intervened to help the cyclist obtain the "proper" outcome, especially since, since you didn't know what happened, you would have no idea what the "proper" legal outcome would have been, and since you have no medical training surpassing that of the EMTs, you would have know way of effecting a "proper" medical outcome.
I have not encountered any, yet. I have no organized medical training beyond. What would amount to an EMT. But I have been through a lot medically in my life, enough to know what to look for in order to help someone beyond profuse bleeding.
​​​​