View Single Post
Old 06-11-19, 11:10 PM
mccreadym

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by jim_pridx
Since I've never ridden an Equator, I can't possibly give you any advice as to which bike to go for. I am really loving our new Carrera, though, even though we've swapped out the wheels and drive train to be a bit more in line with our travel tandem. The first thing I noticed about the Carrera, though, was that it had sort of a twitchy, racing bike sort of feel in the front end on our first ride, and from the reviews I had read about the bike, that's exactly what I had hoped and expected for it to feel like. I would suspect that the Speedster is very similar in that regard. The Carrera is also quite rigid and very stable on steep descents, so it feels safe and secure at high speeds. Since the bike is still pretty new to us, I'm still not sure that my wife is totally sold on it, but for me it's the type of steel-framed tandem I've been looking for without spending a small fortune on a carbon fiber frame and components to match. All in all, though, I think it's a great bike that pretty much covers the full gamut in terms of tandem road bikes.
Thanks for the review of the Carrera, definately favoring it, especially since Co-Motion can modify the options for it!
Likes For mccreadym: