Old 07-03-19, 07:44 PM
t_e_r_r_y

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by RyanAK
Working on sorting out the cockpit on the 820. These are Soma Portolas, and they’re a new shape for me. Fiddling with lever position... and the little doodads where the cable housing meets the levers seems an odd size. Housing is loose in the nipple but a housing end seems too big to fit right. Thinking about cable routing too. Both shifter cables run the bottom tube. Rear brake on the top tube. Advice on setting things up appreciated!

Still deciding on what to run for a rack / basket / bag up front. I have Carradice Barley and Pendle saddlebags that I considered hanging from the bars, but with the non-aero levers and the really tall stem, not sure this will work. Leaning towards a rack with either a basket and bag or a rando bag. Thoughts? Anyone have a canti-mount front rack they’re not using?

Bikes are fun, eh?
awesome bike! it reminds me a lot of the direction i'm going with my univega. very similar. what kind of gearing are you going to run? are you using bar end shifters? if so, you could have the housing exit the bar tape a few wraps in and just loop down to your downtube, that's how i set up my specialized and it works great. seems like a typical solution.

not sure what to tell you on the rack/bag situation, i'll be running a rack on mine for sure. i kind of have my eyes on the blackburn bootlegger rack at the moment, i like a wide rack.

bikes are super fun