Old 03-13-17, 09:02 PM
Kahrpistols

Bikes: Fuji Cross 2.0 LE

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thoughts on Diamondback Podium Vitesse Disc?

I'm looking to buy a racing road bike sometime in the somewhat near future to compliment my 'cross bike. I was at first planning to buy a frame and build it up myself, but then I ran across the Diamondback Podium Vitesse Disc. It seems to be very solid value, as the frame is the same as the Equipe and it has Ultegra throughout. This would be only $500-700 more than building up a China frame, but it has the reputable name of Diamondback behind it and I really like that.

Has anyone ridden this bike? If so, would you recommend it? My understanding is that it's somewhat in the middle of the aero range but still pretty comfortable.

Bike Radar did a review on the Equipe, and rated it fairly positively (although that was for the rim brake, not disc brake).

I'm still a couple of months out from buying a bike, so I have time to review other options, including Canyon (they're finally coming to the US!) so I would appreciate any feedback y'all may have.

I'm not sure this will be my final bike purchase (n+1, right?), so if it's not 100% perfect I think that's fine because it seems that its value is well above all the competitors right now. However, if there are serious defects compared to Giant, Specialized, or Cervelo, I would consider spending $600-1,000 more on one of the other bikes.