View Single Post
Old 08-11-19, 07:07 AM
Speedway2

Bikes: United Motocross BMX, Specialized Langster, Giant OCR, Marin Muirwoods, Globe Roll2, VROD:)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked 404 Times in 245 Posts
When I was in my mid-40's I took a package (from work) that allowed me some time off before needing to find another job. So for the next 18 months I cycled and/or snowboarded. My wife was a little envious and had a few comments of my new Lifestyle even though stuff was getting done around the house and the bills were getting paid. I basically told her I needed the break and this was a Life Check for me, getting back to things I enjoyed doing before getting caught up in the Rat Race.

Fast forward to the present.....my wife have been retired now for 4yrs. When she left the Bank she bought a pink Colnago and has been riding it a lot! I even encouraged her to ride more by installing a hitch and bike rake for her Mustang. I think she gets it now.

I don't plan on officially retiring for another 6+yrs but because of my time off cycling has become a part of my life (again). I'm more fit now and in a better frame of mind....and so is she.

Rambling done......