Old 09-10-19, 10:02 PM
arooni

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To buy or not to buy tomorrow: Cannondale 2.8 road bike on Craigslist for $180

have a old Gitane road bike but was looking for fun on craigslist and saw:

"For sale a Nice Cannondale 2.8 aluminum road bike with 16 speeds Via Ultegra Derailleurs .Nice Comfortable leather saddle. Frame size 26 inches or 66 cm. Carbon EMS Fork. Mavic alloy wheels mounted on 700 X 25 cm Continental Gator skins in good condition. New Handlebar tape. Has extra brake lever in the center of the handlebars shown in the pictures. 1 water bottle holder included. Bike is always stored inside a smoke free home when not being used. I'm asking $180.00 cash in person. I can meet some where at a safe place for you to take a look at and test out the bike. "

Do you think this is worth the price he's asking? I don't know a whole heckuva lot on bikes but I'm reading a lot of nice features like a carbon fork and aluminum frame, and nice shifters etc...

I'm also 6'6" and so I'm pretty tall so its hard to find a tall, used bike but it looks a whole heckuva lot better than what I have.

Anything you'd look for especially? Is there a counter offer on price that would be fair (I do confess I love getting a deal).

Thanks!