View Single Post
Old 09-16-19, 10:39 PM
tallbikeman

Bikes: Modified 26 inch frame Schwinn Varsity with 700c wheels and 10 speed cassette hub. Ryan Vanguard recumbent. 67cm 27"x1 1/4" Schwinn Sports Tourer from the 1980's. 1980's 68cm Nishiki Sebring with 700c aero wheels, 30 speeds, flat bar bicycle.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 102 Posts
I got to reading some more of your latest posts and like you I recently had a pair of athletic shorts fit real nice that were Large, not 2XL. I read your post about going down to a healthy BMI. Like you that is what I'm shooting for this time. I know from the last diet episode that 220lbs is above a healthy BMI for me. Like you my actual good BMI may be sub 200lbs so I keep losing weight until that happens. I have to accept that the only thing I'm in charge of here is losing weight. I don't know where I'll be for a healthy weight. One of the biggest revelations of this year was when I realized I have been overweight since my mid 20's. I played several day's a week in men's full court basketball leagues and raced off road bicycles/Klunkers/Bombers for many years all the while not acknowledging my overweight condition. People would tell me I wasn't overweight but in my mid thirties I found out my BMI was above healthy by several points. As I aged this has gradually gotten worse. I ignored the BMI information, convinced I was not fat. I know better now, sort of like the lifetime smoker whose COPD diagnosis is a surprise. Keep up the good work, good thoughts, and good bicycle rides.