Old 06-16-17, 03:03 AM
wheelhot

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Roubaix, 2007 Giant Anthem, Polygon Quatro

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bh85
I kind of like it. I don't like bright bikes. Good specs but price is still a little high, 1800. I was hoping for 1600.
Yeah, luckily they have that colour, or else I'll go blah. Though I wished they retained 2017 Orange, that colour is awesome!

Though, I can't help but wonder why 9r instead of 10r, cost cutting perhaps? As with the CGR and FS, a stiffer but lighter carbon layout wouldn't be a problem.

And I wonder what's the weight of the E5 Comp, and I noticed DSW is absent from all the aluminium models, another cost cutting? Or are they scrapping the DSW tag line.

Wheelbase is longer, HT angle slacker, more fork rake, more trail.... It's a completely different bike.
Hmm, guess it'll be a more stable bike even on the road, though probably more sluggish? I wonder if the sluggishness can be offset with a high PSI tyres since the FS and CG-R will reduce any rough road patches.

And I get where you're coming from, as I too will be using it more on the road than off road. So now it'll be either the Diverge or Roubaix. Though how does the new Diverge geometry compare to the Open UP or 3T Exploro, as the new Diverge certainly seems to be able to configure just like the UP or Exploro.