Old 09-16-18, 12:47 PM
Metieval

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadrash3
really torn on my next gravel bike, I had been waiting for the next Salsa Warbird to come out, which looks like this month. But just saw the new Giant Revolt Advanced 0. THE REVOLT 0 I am pretty certain based on previous years of salsa is about a grand cheaper, but comes with Carbon wheels. Anyone have any opinions on Giants gravel bike.
I am waiting on a ride report review on the revolt advanced.

This is totally random, but they (Giant) redid the Defy frame and came out with this Revolt carbon at the same time (very similar). the New Defy is getting Rave reviews on ride quality.

As for the Carbon wheels. Paws and 1630 gram. seems Heavy for full carbon. They are what 28mm deep? Light bicycle offers a 1400 gram 28mm deep carbon wheel that is 1mm wider internal, on DT240's (Bonus to being asymmetrical).

650x47 is still in my vision, so I really like the 70 mm BB drop of the Giant. The Giant also favors their $35 front rack that has been used on the Toughroad. What I dislike about all of that is it seems like a pain to run the front rack and fenders both.

Salsa Warbird 4 has the triple boss on the fork for anything cages/front rack.

Not to be mean, but.....

Might as well compare the Ibis Hakka MX to those 2 bikes also.

https://www.cxmagazine.com/review-ib...bike-700c-650b