Old 03-03-19, 02:23 PM
king_solom0n

Bikes: Fuji SL 25, Giant TCR Advanced SL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by metalheart44
I'm looking for some new clincher/tubeless wheels and my default is the HED Belgium + rim with DT Swiss hubs, but folks seem to really like the Fulcrum wheels. I'm curious about how you decided to buy these rather than some other wheel set. Love the tan sidewalls, would go well with a Ti bike.
The main reasons for me were reliability, stiffness, and aesthetics. I used to have the Campy Zonda and had zero issues. Never had to get them trued even once. I wanted to upgrade to something a little lighter and stiffer. So I was going to get the Shamal Ultras but the price on the Fulcrum Racing Zero from Merlin was too good to pass up especially when they're essentially the same wheels. I still have the Fulcrum Racing Zeros on my Fuji SL. They are probably the most responsive wheels I've ever ridden. Not sure what it is but it feels like the engagement is instant. Like as soon as I pedal, the wheels are in motion. Also as a heavier guy, I like that they don't flex and they are incredibly stiff. That might be a detriment if you are on the lighter side of the scale. Because of my positive experience with the Zonda's and Racing Zero's and not having a single issue despite riding on some not so nice roads, I got the Zero Nite to match my Giant TCR Advanced (pic below ). Also not having to deal with rim tape is a huge for me.