86az135i
Banned.

Bikes: 1996 Cannondale R900, 2016 Trek Boone, 2005 Giant Yukon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Bonzo Banana
Great deal, it's a bit like Hyundai and Kia cars that offer a long warranty on their cars, they perceive offering a better warranty is better than undercutting the prices of their competitors which might get their product perceived as inferior.

Compared to many brands Giant are an actual manfacturer with their own factories which are meant to be the most advanced and productive in the industry delivering a very high quality product. In comparison most western brands from the US and Europe are jumping between factories in the far east always trying to find the cheapest supplier so they can create a better margin or undercut their competitors. They can't really ever know the quality of the product to the same level so may have to be conservative with weight limits and warranties especially if they are importing particularly light frames. I see many importing brands using basic 6061 frames even at high prices where as Giant is offering more advanced 6011 aluminium frames. Making a 6061 frame weigh the same as 6011 is difficult and must surely end up with the frame being weaker.

Many of Giant's bikes offer a 160kg total load limit with a lifetime warranty and great customer service plus deliver a more advanced product than their competitors. I'm a bit of a cheapskate and often go for cheaper bikes and secondhand but if I was buying a higher price bike new I'd be surprised if it wasn't a Giant model.

We need someone to come into this thread and criticise Giant as it seems both posts so far are from their marketing department. Big fan of Giant bikes despite not owning one and my past Giant bike being the mad 'Revive' model that ended up being too embarrassing to ride so sold it. It was beautifully built though clearly from a company with high engineering standards.

You mean like Hyundai and Kia engines that are seizing, and or catching fire?