View Single Post
Old 05-23-19, 04:15 PM
matimeo

Bikes: It's the motor, not the bike, right?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Thanks to everyone for their contributions to this thread. I've been obsessing about this build and finally bought some of the parts for it that I needed. I picked up a nice aluminum single speed frame from bikeisland that doesn't have too aggressive of geometry and a coaster brake wheelset from velomine that was a great deal; Shimano coaster hub laced to Sun CR18 rims. I sourced a chainguard from velo orange in polished aluminum that will compliment the other parts I'll be adding. I'll finish it off with some Shimano a530 dual spd/platform pedals for versatility in dress shoes or cleats. I think once I build it up, it will be a very light and nimble short-distance commuter. The gearing for the parts I have will be 44/18 to start, which I think should accommodate some of the minor hills on the commute. I haven't decided on handlebars yet.

I'll post pictures once I start assembly and try it out. I'm excited to see what it weighs in at when complete. I'm most looking forward to a bike I can just grab and ride in any clothing or any weather.
Likes For matimeo: