View Single Post
Old 06-13-19, 09:12 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Juan Foote
I see it more like questioning the narrative and the details as presented.

This person had this mess posted to every social media bike page in Atlanta. All these people jumping on board with nothing more than her word about what happened, him and the company already "hung" in the court of public opinion. I see value in questioning many things "as presented" when there are details to go on, whether one sided or not. I wouldn't go so far as to say she is lying, I am sure this is what she believes happened, but think that she may be overlooking other aspects of her own fault in the situation.
"So, here she is buzzing along, doesn't slow down, asks guy to move and I can only assume something more provacative to cause him to get angry at a complete stranger. Within the space and time she presents the guy would not even have had time to get off and stand aside the lane like she presents. If it was more space and time like I suspect, then she had more than enough time to slow to a safe speed and or stop."

That's not questioning her account, that's creating your own narrative. And yes, if you claim he couldn't do what she said he did, you are calling her a liar.

"I can only assume" is exactly right. That's literally all you did.

If the guy won't come forward to defend himself, why should we?