Old 06-18-19, 09:23 AM
sunnyone

Bikes: 1997 Trek 850, 1992 Trek 750 Multitrack, 1983 Zebrakenko Wind, 1982 Takara Tribute, 77 Takara mixte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by wilsonjoe
My first post (wheee!). Doing this here instead of the designated intro thread because 1) nonconformist, and 2) "BIKE FORUMS" feels awfully unwieldy and intimidatingly vast, and I joined for the specific purpose of gaining insight & (hopefully) assistance with this new project of mine: a gold & chrome 1964 AMF Hercules that somehow ended up in the back of my car when I left Goodwill yesterday.

Full disclosure: I haven't been on a bicycle in 10+ years. But I do enjoy tinkering, and disposing of income, and shiny mid-century design. The chrome alone was enough for me to pull out my phone and do the due diligence, and the $30 price tag made it done deal. A couple of new tires and a replacement shift control later (both ordered and on the way), and she'll be ready to ride.

Yeah, I know; it's been awhile. But from what I hear, it's just like riding a bike.
I see you call yourself a “perpetual procrastinator”. Is that why we haven’t seen a picture of the Hercules yet? 😏

Last edited by sunnyone; 06-18-19 at 04:18 PM.