Old 10-11-15, 04:26 AM
Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Sunday -- good ride today!! We decided to ride form one side of a little range to the other and back. Good ride for some hill climbing. The road was fairly quiet as far as traffic goes, with lots of country scenery. We saw cattle, sheep, horses, goats, chickens, ducks ... and a wallaby hopped across the road in front of me.

The weather was pretty good, with a high of 18. But then it cooled down to 13 on the final descent which was rather chilly! We had a bit of a headwind on the way out, and something of a tailwind on the way back which was nice because the climb on the way back was steeper.

And ... two roadies caught up to me on the way out, and slowed down for a chat. They were on a training ride for a Peaks Challenge: https://www.bicyclenetwork.com.au/pe...adle-mountain/ We chatted about long distance rides in the area, and then they rode off into the distance.

Stats
40.4 km
755 metres of climbing
(1.87 ride)

The Climbs
Cat 3 - both big climbs, one from start to top on the way out, and the other from about the midway point to the top on the way back
Max 17.8% on the way out
Max 19% on the way back
6% average grade going out
4% average grade coming back

And then I did a light weights workout when we got home.