View Single Post
Old 08-05-18, 02:11 PM
Moose95

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sorry, for the late reply, but I just joined. I am not from Va Beach, but go there a lot for vacation. The beach area is mostly very flat, and many of the "backwoods" areas are either swampy or nature preserves, or both. However, if you are not looking exclusively for trail riding or hilly offroading, the Beachfront is a really nice place for a more low-key ride. The Va Beach boardwalk stretches more than three miles, and there is a "bikes only" path right next to the main boardwalk for the entire stretch. It is a very nice ride, especially early in the morning, when you can often see dolphins close to the shore. At other times of the day, it's still nice to go the 40 blocks from the edge of a residential area in the north all the way down to Rudee Inlet to watch the surfers, and the fishing boats coming and going. The boardwalk bike path connects to another path that leads over to the marina area, so it's more of a fun way to see the sights than a mountain biking experience. However, if I were going on vacation and could bring a bike, I would do it - it's just a great way to see more of the beach.