View Single Post
Old 06-06-19, 07:34 AM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
But where that is more likely to happen is not where I want to be. If I've got to park my car in a busier location and then use some other method of transportation to get where I want to go ... I might as well just take the bus.
Sure, unless you had some reason to want your car later. Or unless you wanted to put your car into circulation for ride/drive sharing for the day in order to collect pay for lending/investing it in the system.

But we can't assume that. In fact, in many cases, cars will be going out to remote suburbs which aren't well serviced by public transportation. If you're going places with lots of traffic flow, chances are those places are served by public transportation.
In many cases, they're not; or the bus only comes every half hour or once an hour. In some cases, you might be going somewhere that is a mile or more from a bus stop, so you might as well catch a ride/drive-share rather than take the time to walk from the bus stop to your destination.

I'm simply analysing this to determine if it would be convenient.

So far ... no.

Convoluted ... but not convenient.
It would not be as convenient as driving your own personal vehicle, but it would cost less. It would, however, be more convenient than taking transit in many instances, but it would cost a bit more.

Get a job with a taxi company for a while.
Get a job with a courier service for a while.
Get a job with Uber or similar for a while.

Then you might be qualified to discuss these ideas.
Lol, I am qualified to discuss many things and I've never worried about whether someone else is qualified when they have something to say. I simply read what they think and decide for myself whether it is relevant or not, and if I think I can give them some insight beyond what they have, I do. What I don't do is sit in judgement of whether they are qualified or not.

Personally, I have some experience with courier/delivery services and wouldn't have to ask questions like the following one because I know how it works within a courier/delivery service and from pedex's posts, it is quite similar in his line of work too.
There's no such thing as "how it works," at a general level. A specific company or platform might have a system that works in a certain way, but others can work differently, and there's nothing stopping anyone from changing any system or platform except the opinions and interests of the various people involved. Some people are open to change and other resist it.