Thread: YTD on track
View Single Post
Old 09-02-20, 06:32 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Liked 1,439 Times in 820 Posts
YTD on track

I got in an easy paced 32 miles this morning. That puts me at 5112 miles for 2020. I set what I call a "soft goal" of 7000 miles for this year. My peak mileage year was 2017 with 6000 miles. I do not usually keep track of mileage on a yearly basis, but I believe I have a good general idea of what that mileage is. I know before 2015, I had never done more than maybe a bit over 4,000. This is now my 6th consecutive year with over that number. I am thinking I will reach 7300 this year to give me an average of 20 miles for everyday of the year. I usually ride 5 or 6 days a week.

Like a lot of us, I have had much free time. I drive a school bus and the schools have been closed since mid March. Between working on and riding bikes, I have spent many hours in my two wheeled world. Indian River School District, Sussex County, DE, is scheduled to resume some kind of hybrid program for students on Sept. 17th. We should be getting a close to a finalized plan for the beginning of the school year by the end of this week. Typically, my mileage goes down a bit once I am back to driving. I just need to keep getting about 25 miles a day, 5 days a week to get to my goal. Hopefully, there will not be a big spike in the Covid crisis once all the students are back in class. It is going to be challenging for everybody that is involved, in anyway, with the schools.

This coming Sunday, the 6th, begins the 69th year of my life. I do not have a set number of miles for the day, but I do want to spend most of the day on a sort of local bike tour. That will include road, riding through the local parks/refuges, visiting friends, food stops and relaxation stops. For me, a damn good way to spend the day.
Likes For delbiker1: