Old 02-27-11, 12:36 PM
cycleheimer

Bikes: '02 Litespeed, '99 Bianchi Alfana. '91 Fuji Saratoga, '84 Peugeot Canyon Express, '82 Moto GR, '81 Fuji America, '81 Fuji Royale; '78 Bridgestone Diamond Touring, '76 Fuji America, plus many more!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 128 Posts
Originally Posted by hellojoben
A friend of mine wants to sell his commuter bike.

The bike is a mongoose road bike according to the frame decals. It is branded as a competition race frame, but i'm not sure about the decals being original to the bike. I'm thinking someone put them there later on. the seatpost is way too high. He is about 5' 10" and I think he needs an upgrade to a larger bicycle. The front derailleur is a suntour spirt (not spirit or sprint) and the rear is something I havent seen before. at first I thought it was a suntour V. hopefully and expert can come in and explain.

It has stem shifters and a riser stem as you can see. (he is pretty tall for his bike)
I also have in info on the rims/tires.

it also has touring pedals and a BMX sticker/decal on the headtube.

imput is appreciated

thanks,
Joben

sorry about the pictures and info on the bike. I did not take them, and I don't have the bike with me at the moment. I'll try to get a driveside photo sometime soon
That line about the "competion racing frame" is actually quite humorous. It is a Huffy, Murray, Iverson or similar type bike. Worth about $25 to $35 if he can successfully pull the forks forward.