Old 01-02-19, 04:57 PM
joeyduck

Bikes: 1997 Kona Hahana Race Light, 2010 Surly LHT(deceased), 1999 Rocky Mountain Turbo

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Happy New Year friends!

I have not been riding but I have finally fixed my bike trailer, again.

We spent the start of the winter holidays without a boat and without power. We had a big wind storm tear through the region, BC Hydro reports it was the worst in their history. We were into our 6th day before my islands power was restored. That 6th day was Christmas afternoon, just in time for dinner!

The storm came through the preceding Thursday and I didn't have school that Friday since school has no power.

At home, since were isolated to an island were personally more prepared. We have plenty of food stores, camp stoves, a BBQ, wood stove, and a generator (I found on the side of the road and fixed!). We were honestly without want, except our hybrid septic system needed a pump out. Our system is on city lines but our sewage is a hybrid system which has septic tank digestor which flushes to a holding tank to later have only wastewater effluent pumped to the city mains, and after about 5 days we were wanting to pump our holding tank. We gladly accepted friends who wanted a warm place to hang out. Overall it was fine but a bit stressful start to the holiday.

But I don't have to go back to school until Monday.

I hope everyone is enjoying the new year and ride safely!