View Single Post
Old 04-01-19, 03:10 PM
SummerG42

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you! I looked it up and I think I spent about $1100 on it, with tax/shipping. And then I had to pay somebody to assemble it. Not huge amounts of money in the bike world, definitely realizing that. It weighs... about 65 pounds. Which is really hard to wrestle in and out of my house/car. And ... up and down the stairs (we were keeping it in the basement while I wasn't riding it....). I talked to my husband about replacing it and while he was surprised and laughed for a few minutes after everything I went through for it, he seemed to get it. I think I'm fairly set on replacing it with something I can manage. Getting past the fear and the anxiety has been huge. I feel much more comfortable now walking into a store and finding the right fit. I won't buy the next one online. And I'm very much looking forward to getting out and enjoying life on a bike, all these years later. Industrial parks sounds like a reasonable bet for more practice time. I am definitely not ready for anything populated yet!