View Single Post
Old 12-25-19, 12:01 AM
OldCruiser

Bikes: Most of my bikes are Single Speed Conversions

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 3,067 Times in 1,015 Posts
Thanks for the view points and suggestions.
Buying the tall frame was sort of an experiment for me . My wrist have bothered me riding lately and I thought the longer toptube would help my wrist and hands .
I’ve tried two different handlebars and after my ride today , my wrists are still bothering me .
The Fat Tire is a Lux and the components are a step above the 7d . I guess except for the crank , I expected the 7d to be similar in build . Funny the wrist don’t bother me as much on the fat tire .
When I ordered the Tall frame , the sales guy told me Trek has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee, where I can return it if I’m not totally satisfied with the bike . I think I may test their return policy .
If I do , I’ll probably experiment so more with the bikes I have to try to find one I can ride without pain issues . I love the gearing on my Rockhopper MTB but I need to raise the bars some more to take the pressure off my hands.
Tomorrow , we don’t have any special Christmas plans , so I guess I’ll be removing all of my accessories off the tall bike and take it back Thursday .
I’ll be working on the Rockhopper too .
I’ve also have a Shimano Nexus three speed rear wheel out in the garage I need to put on one of my C1’s . That with a bigger cog (23 tooth) should give me all the hill climbing gearing I need in a cruiser.