Old 06-25-10, 02:44 PM
shovelhd

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MDcatV
my natural sprinting position is very much like mark cavendish's (and for you dip****s out there, please note that i'm in no way comparing myself to mark cavendish, only that we're about same size and look similar in sprint position), so i've got my head out over the front of my bike kind of far and low. i notice that when i jump really hard i have a tendency to invoke rear wheel skip, particularly when i've got the deep section rims on and even moreso when sprinting up a hill. if i immediately focus on smooth, the skip goes away. i practice this so that i can largely avoid it when i actually need to sprint.
I was not inferring that, and I am not a dip****. If you are skipping on the jump, then you are throwing your body forward too much, wasting valuable energy. Many sprints are won on the jump. That's how I won most of mine. Try doing some sprints in the little ring to work on your jump and your body position. The little ring won't give you as much resistance and thus you should not be so prone to throwing yourself forward. If you think too much you'll look great but you might lose the sprint. It all has to come naturally, and that takes time and practice. I never had a coach or even a higher category mentor, I had to figure this all out for myself. You will too. Best of luck.