View Single Post
Old 05-23-19, 08:14 PM
smoore

Bikes: Primary ride now a LOOK 585-Love it.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 40 Posts
Three years ago I bit the bullet and spent a lot of money on an ugly, heavy saddle that changed my cycling forever. I bought a Selle Anatomica leather saddle and it felt great from the moment I sat on it. It required a tiny bit of set up because they are somewhat different than plastic saddles, but I had it nailed down after twenty miles. You ride them with the nose up a tiny bit so that you slide back a little on the flattest part of the saddle. And like all saddles, you need to adjust fore and aft to make sure that your weight is balanced between your butt and your hands.

This saddle has totally changed my riding forever. I NEVER think about how my rear end feels...it never crosses my mind. And over the last couple of years their saddles have gotten a bit lighter by changing to an aluminum frame instead of steel. And they also have a new all Carbon saddle that is super light and expensive. Not sure this model will work for quite as many people as the leather ones do however? That's it...this saddle has changed my riding like no bike or accessory ever has...maybe it will work for you? I see occasional lightly used ones for sale on the forums and Ebay.