View Single Post
Old 07-24-19, 03:00 PM
Cute Boy Horse

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Witterings
This works great until something happens that you don't expect like it did to me the other day and anyone's instant reaction is to just to slam on the brakes .... if I'd only had a front brake I probably would have been over the handle bars OR the front wheel going in underneath me as it was on a loose surface on a bend.

A decision like this needs to be considered in what happens in the worst case / panic situation to avoid an immediate crash not what happens when everything's nicely under control and you have plenty of time on your side to think and "do the right thing" as human nature dictates you react totally differently in the 2 scenarios.
It sounds like you don't know how to ride a bike properly and need to spend some time with an instructor. Especially since you haven't ridden in such a scenario you describe - or else you'd know a vice grip on the rear brake, while turning on loose surface, would also make the bike fall out from under you.

I remember when I learned to drive a car we were taught emergency stops. Which do you think is more difficult to make precise movements? A foot with a shoe on it? Or fingers, which evolution has gracefully given us? Are you typing by smashing your palms on the keys?

Last edited by Cute Boy Horse; 07-24-19 at 03:04 PM.
Likes For Cute Boy Horse: