Cyclelogikal
An Average Joe

Bikes: '13 Orbea Orca

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Leinster
Cops don't come to the scene of a traffic accident unless there's a major injury or major property damage, and I don't think this incident in the OP qualifies. By all means exchange phone numbers, and in this case there were witnesses so get some details for them, but if the worst result was a slightly out of true front wheel, then other than getting the driver to pay for the LBS to fix it, I don't see what else could be done.
I have no idea where you live but would not want to if this is the case. Okay, back to the OP ? at hand.

Not sure what I would have done. I would have gotten the witnesses name and the young lady at least would pay for any damages to my bike! I doubt she intended to really set out that day to run over a cyclist. Bottom line is no matter how many laws are passed to eliminate cell phone use while driving it will never go away. We need to develop a way with car manufacturers, that until you pull over a cell phone is disabled from outgoing calls. I think that can be realistically devised. Then folks would have to pull over to make a call!