View Single Post
Old 07-25-19, 11:01 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by xroadcharlie
I tend to agree with Blazzingpedals about the level of improvement that might be achieved by going from an already decent road bike to a new more expensive one.

Now if you were switching fundamentally different style bikes, That is much different. If I were to buy a Giant Content SL Disc road bike to compliment my Giant Sedona comfort bike with its bolt upright seating position and cheap 2" semi knobby tires, There is no doubt in my mind there would be a big improvement in performance. Almost enough to cover a gap like you are describing.

That said, If a new bike inspires you to ride more, is more comfortable then what you have, or just makes you happy to ride, Then by all means go for it if it's not a financial burden. Another bike might very well make a small improvement in performance, Just don't expect the night and day improvement a good road bike would make over a comfort bike. Happy trails.
Exactly. I have an out and TT course that I do. I’m 2mph faster on a bike that’s older, heavier, and just 9speed vs 11 speed on my road bike. Because it’s a TT bike.