View Single Post
Old 10-19-19, 02:20 PM
sbxx1985 

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1934 Post(s)
Liked 282 Times in 158 Posts
Originally Posted by LAJ
Thank you, sbxx. Yep. I'm a firm believer of tried and true, and we'll let others be the car beta testers. If you pull up Technical Service Bulletins on a 2015, it's basically have a page, with a third of them dealing with floor mats. TSB's are dealer actions addressing known problems, and occasionally turn into recalls. I checked other makes, and they were numbered in the 100's, so I felt good. Plus, being in the trades, I rarely hear or see issues with that generation. Heck, even the earlier 3.4 and 3.0's are kicking strong.

It was a choice between Larry Miller (Tour of Utah) or Groove. We went Groove, and since it was a Toyota dealer, it's Certicare covered, though I don't expect to ever need it. Sponsoring a bike team actually steered me to them, and I made sure and let them know.

I agree on your 5.7 choice. Also tried and true, and a real hoss in regards to power and torque. Good stuff, and way cool you hung on to the Tacoma.
My Tacoma has been rock solid, even with the supercharger and six years of towing. I've had a couple TSBs with the Tundra already, most notably the fix for the integrated brake controller, which was huge. The Toyota Safety Sense tech has had some issues as well. Can't remember a thing with the Tacoma.