View Single Post
Old 11-04-19, 05:50 AM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 459 Times in 361 Posts
I doubt those Trek wheels are that heavy myself, but they will be heavier than 1440g. I feel wheel weight when I ride but I can't say for sure they make me faster or slower. I'd say to just swap the wheels but you have a compatibility problem with the 9 vs. 11 speed.

My own theory would be that she's just enjoying the new ride, getting comfortable on it, trying to enjoy it, and in the process just taking it a bit easier. Have you set out to do this same ride at a steady, maintainable pace that matches what you perceive as being faster? Without a computer measuring HR at least you have no idea though what is perceived vs. real. Get an HR monitor and do the ride on each bike and see avg HR vs. time. Somewhere in there you may find something that either proves what you think or debunks it and if it debunks it, it is all just perception. If it proves it then you'll at least know there is something about the bike making it and the rider slower.

I do a ride, actually it was my 10 mile commute, that would take one hour on my commuter bike, a converted MTB, and it would take 58 minutes on my road bike, an all out CF. It is everything else that keeps the times almost equal as I know I can go much faster on the roadie and did. It just didn't make up for all the other lost time.

And I need suggestions to make my wife faster too. She just plods along no matter which bike she rides and is only a good riding partner when going to the beach.

Last edited by zacster; 11-04-19 at 06:04 AM.