View Single Post
Old 01-14-20, 10:55 AM
zweitesmal2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts
I've ridden it twice, south to north in '16 in 7 days and north to south last summer in 4. You can do it in 4 but you won't be spending more than a few minutes at any of the 100+ cool sites along the way. I took longer on my first time because there was so much to see; the second run was me going home from a 3 month tour and I was in a hurry. Both times were loaded solo rides. Using Google maps "supermarkets/motels near me" will show you how close all the services are to the Trace, and there are plenty, often within 1 or 2 miles. I'd spend a few extra days so your wife can have some fun too, like Elvis' birthplace in Tupelo or the recording studios in Muscle Shoals. I recommend rolling through Port Gibson and the Windsor plantation ruins just south of there. Hills aren't terribly bad on the Trace; I never dropped out of my big ring this last NtoS ride. I also enjoy big mile days and either way you'll have a good time. Returning to the Trace after a side ride into town is always a joy, as the peaceful surroundings feel like you've left society behind. I don't recommend camping at Rocky Springs Campground as it is the last part of the Trace that has not recently been remodeled and it's in rough shape. Good luck!
Likes For zweitesmal2: