burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by aplcr0331
How old are you? Are you feeling tired (wore down) quite a bit now?

I had this same thing happen to me, subtle weight gain, low energy. I was tired before I got tired while exercising if that makes sense. Feeling off while I was in great shape (was a machinegunner in the USMC so lots of “training”).

Got a blood test. Hypothyroidism. Anyway you might possibly want to get a blood test if this continues and you get more alarmed about.

Good luck.
I'll keep an eye on it. Generally speaking, my daily energy level is good. I find time at work to leave the desk and go walk the tank hall a lap or two. Or do some laps walking it at lunch. Before workouts I usually feel pretty good. It's rare to not feel I have the energy for one (unless I'm trying to do a workout on the wrong level of "freshness").

I'm 36.

One thing I think I did was in 2020 I bought into the whole "breakfast is super important" language. I get it to an extent, but I think changing that put on some pounds to me. In 2020 I started eating a lot more at breakfast anticipating eating less for lunch/dinner etc.... Nope. I ate exactly the same at the other meals of the day. So it was total bollocks to eat all that at breakfast time.

It's slowly coming back down now, really slowly, after ditching that idea. Also, we backed off our more unhealthy takeout weekly meal to less often also. We had been getting a massive pile of Indian takeout once a week. Probably nearly a 2000 cal meal. Now we only do that like once a month and get some Mediterranean takeout with the piles of veggie and a better balance (and less calories).

We have a wifi/bluetooth scale coming in the mail today that can pair to my Trainingpeaks that does all the fancy measures: weight, body fat, water, etc.... I'll add that as a field in my TP charts and track it for a while.