Old 05-10-19, 04:47 PM
RamAlaRag 

Bikes: Bianchi San Jose - Di2 Alfine, 1985 Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, 1984? Miyata TerraRunner, 1986? Miyata 1000, 1988? Fuji Opus III, Nishiki International

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Another "Help me find a trike" thread....

Hi all,

After being off the bike for too long I have been getting back in the rhythm of it and putting down some miles... I've been doing a lot of gravel/trail/logging road riding on an upright with 32c tires. I have been getting more and more interested in trikes and quads, and have really been considering the idea recently. I don't expect to be doing any single track type stuff, but hard pack dirt, large gravel, small gravel, pavement and light touring would all be on the menu of riding. I'm space limited, so I have to keep the stable to two bikes, my plan is to sell my current bike, ride the trike/quad for most all of my riding, and fill in the gaps with something else (I expect an MTB or fat bike). During the winter I am in Idaho, with a couple months of possible snow.

I started doing some research and initially really liked the idea of a Hase Kett, but went down to a recumbent shop in Portland and the guy there steered me toward an ICE Adventure. I brought up my concern of less traction on the single rear drive wheel and he seemed to think it wasn't an issue at all. He seemed to think an Adventure with Big Apples and rear suspension would be the ticket.

I did some forum searching and found a few already posted threads, but the conclusion seemed to be muddy. I'd love to hear from anyone running trails on their trike/quad, or any folks with ideas or suggestions on trikes to test run or consider.

Thanks in advance!