View Single Post
Old 06-12-19, 02:46 PM
dalava

Bikes: Moots Vamoots, Colnago C60, Santa Cruz Stigmata CC, and too many other bikes I don't ride

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
For what it's worth, I had an Edge 800 (pre BT) for almost a decade, and have had Fenix watches for several years. My stuff has almost always worked as advertised. Haven't used Live Tracking in a long time though.

It seems like their watches are more stable than their Edges. Mine only ever drops the BT connection when I go out of range, and I wear it all the time, not just on the bike.
No they are not. We have had several of their watches, FR325/FR735/Fenix5/FR645 (between my daughter and I), for example, the bluetooth connection to the phone is never reliable, and it's across the board for all these watches, just like it's an issue with all their Edge devices. And another example, they release the FR645 as the music watch (with storage on board, and integration with Spotify and whatnot), but it doesn't work with Apple AirPods - now you tell me, as a product manager, would I ever release a consumer music device that doesn't work with 60% of wireless earbuds in the market? How would you NOT insist that it must work with the AirPods. When I talked to their support people, they told me it's Apple's problem because the AirPods use some proprietary implementation of the bluetooth profile, I am like, so what? This is a competitive business, not who's right or who's wrong. That there tells you a lot about their mindset.