View Single Post
Old 03-29-09, 06:49 AM
1965 2+2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Many thanks for all the responses! I have gathered a lot of good advice and tips and I appreciate it very much.

Since I have never toured on a bicycle before, I really have no idea what to expect.
But the more my son and I discuss the idea, the more convinced we are we think we want to do this. Will all the planning that has to be done, the earliest we can do this will be June and July 2010.

Because of 25 year old football injuries to both knees, I will need a clear bill of health from my orthopedic doctor before we start as I know right now I still have some knee lingering problems.

The idea of riding for a cause and raising money thru pledges has been suggested to me by a couple of close friends. I liked the idea very much so I have bounced it off several clients and customers, church and family friends, all who want to pledges. I will consider this and your opinions as well very closely before I make a final decision.

I will be asking this forum many questions over the next few months as we plan out the details.

Jamawani, thank you for your help with the routing. Denise, Staephj1 & Wheel , I see your points too and respect your positions as well. Thanks for expressing.

David Pfeiffer
Pineville, LA
dpfeiffer@ballard-clc.com