DC Bike Blogger

Bikes: https://dcbikeblogger.wordpress.com/my-bikes/

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 12 Posts
Variety in Cycling

-
William Cowper's poem, “The Task,” includes the line: “Variety is the very spice of life, That gives it all its flavor.” I find the same true for cycling. I enjoy variety in my riding experiences, both in where I ride and what I ride. However, I find that many other cyclists are somewhat territorial, and only like their kind of cycling experience. They may be only a road cyclist, or only a mountain biker. Or they may like upright bikes, but not recumbents. Or vice versa.
-
My stable includes bikes in a number of categories, including: road; touring; hybrid; urban; mountain; fat; fixie; single speed, and; vintage. I also have recumbent bikes, both long and short wheel base, and recumbent trikes too. I have multi-rider bikes as well, including tandems, a triplet and a sociable. I even have a unicycle.
-
So I’m wondering, how many cyclist out there, like me, have to have variety to keep them interested and motivated? If you’re the opposite and are exclusive to one type of bike or one way of riding, is there a reason for that? Have you tried other cycling experiences and not liked them, or just stuck with what you are used to because that’s good for you?
-
(As long as you’re doing what you want, there are no right or wrong ways of cycling. So there are no right or wrong opinions. And there are no right or wrong posts on this thread. I'm just interested in what others think.)
-

-

Last edited by DC Bike Blogger; 10-10-19 at 09:08 AM.
Likes For DC Bike Blogger: