View Single Post
Old 11-28-19, 10:51 AM
peter_d
self propelled lifer

Bikes: 1962 Dawes Galaxy; 72 Gitane Interclub;73 Peugeot PR10;78 Torpado Luxe;73 Grandis; 81 Raleigh/Carlton Comp; 85 Bianchi Stelvio; 87 Bianchi Brava; 73 Bottechia Special; 1969 or70 Bob Jackson

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by alexbx
I just purchased the Neo 2T and have the same problem as travelerman describes when interfacing with Rouvy. Any gradient over 4-5% is a grind/mash when using their videos. 7-8% gradients, which I handle well on actual roads, are a nightmare. 16-20% gradients, which I handle in a 39x30 with a slow/steady effort in the real world ... well, in Rouvy I struggle just to turn over the cranks. I've reported this problem to Rouvy and am awaiting their response. While I've read that smart trainers offer more resistance than real-world riding, it seems that the level of resistance being encountered using Rouvy is extreme. Also, as another commenter mentioned, I nearly had to abandon a ride due to my inability to turn over the cranks in a 39x30 gear where in the real world this is absolutely never a problem. So something is amiss.
Rouvy seem convinced that the resistance in their app is correct and everyone else's is too easy. You can limit the slope and ease the effort a bit but only in "training" mode. The only way I'm able to use Rouvy with my Kurt Kinetic Control trainer was to put an old triple crankset on my bike. As you noted any slope over 5% is a killer using regular gearing i.e 39x25 not to mention that it's almost impossible to avoid wheel slip if using a wheel on trainer. With the triple I can ride up to 10% using a 30x25