View Single Post
Old 10-16-20, 12:48 AM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 726 Times in 436 Posts
Originally Posted by ameriaux
But honestly, the first climb on Zwift, I was on the lowest / easiest gear of my bike and could barely turn the pedals... There's a pass close to my place, the hardest part is at 14%, I felt the same at 7% in Rouvy.
If climbs feel too hard on both Zwift and Rouvy, then the problem is with the trainer calibration, not the software. Or with how a trainer's resistance feels to someone new to smart trainers. BTW, trainers should typically be calibrated warm, meaning around 5-10 minutes with a few hard efforts.

I have ridden extensively on a number of apps - on Zwift I have the Tron bike as well as vEverested Alpe du Zwift on 100% difficulty, made World Champion in the last season of Rouvy after starting career mode in March, and tested FulGaz and RGT. I can say that other than the smoothness by which they change resistance, the same ballpark gradients have felt the same across all of them. I have never encountered a ramp in any of them, even the 20+% grades, where I cannot turn the pedals. I am not heavy nor more powerful than a slightly above average enthusiast, so my Kickr is nowhere near maxed out in providing resistance.
​​​​