View Single Post
Old 12-24-20, 10:55 AM
Hiro11

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Allez Sprint custom build, 2019 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0, 2018 Seven Mudhoney Pro custom build, 2017 Raleigh Stuntman, various others

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked 475 Times in 238 Posts
To answer the question: no one can "recommend" a saddle for you. Finding a saddle that works for you is one of the great searchs for most cyclists.

Having gotten that out of the way, for me saddle choice doesn't matter much. I guess I'm weird but in 30 years of riding bikes I've rarely encountered a saddle I couldn't use. Cheap saddles that came with complete bikes, worn in saddles from used bikes I've purchased, expensive saddles I bought etc, they've always worked just fine. I do have some favorites:
1. Selle San Marco Regal. This is the saddle I grew up racing on and I still use it on my gravel bike.
2. Selle San Marco Concor supercorsa, the original "swoopy" saddle that's still great today. Gives you something to push against.
3. The Terry Fly: very comfortable for longer distance riding, the first saddle I used with a cut-out. A bit narrower than the above but works well.
4. Specialized Romin Evo: love the flex and scoop in this saddle great for riding in an aggressive position. Nice narrow nose. The Fabric Scoop has a similar shape.