Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
In about 2 week's span of online sales:

-23/25mm GP5000 tires at $35/ea
-Silca latex tubes with threaded extenders and the little silicone aero anti-rattle nut thingy......hnnnnggggggg, no rattle!
-"new to me" used set of Flo 60/90 wheels for the TT bike and road bike to share, the new GP5000's and fancy tubes went on those
-"new to me" used set of HED Jet+ 60mm wheels for the road bike, came with good condition GP5000's and latex tubes
-"new to me" R9100 Dura Ace 53/39 crankset, to fund this selling the old crank and a "spare" power meter I own and will instead move the meter between two bikes. Guy said rings had about 200 miles on them, basically a "new takeoff". I got it at basically the price of a new R8000 crank. Why not. Touch of bling.
-Giro SLX carbon road shoes.........my feet love laceups for some reason. The dark blue/purplish and white ones.

To do this though I sold:
-my barely used other TT tires
-pair of cranksets
-two pairs of shoes
-the older narrower aero wheelset

Gearing up for 2020 yo. Gotta have things to look forward to! I'm sticking it out one more year on the rim brake CX bike. 2020 will try not to touch the two road based bikes and try to sell the CX bike and go disc for that.

I may get rid of the front 23mm tire on the HED's for a 25mm. Mostly rides involving being in a fast moving group, hammer rides, road race, crit. Any modest aero maximization would only be if I'm OTF doing something dumb in a race. In which case I'd deserve what I get coming my way when I get dropped after acting like a Fred.