eastsideride

Bikes: Checkpoint; Stache; Remedy; Slash; Emonda

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ozzyski
Hello everyone,
I am in need of some advice. I have a 2018 trek ds 2. Bike rides great fcor the first few miles and then my hands go numb. I upgraded the oem grips to ergon gp5's to help wih my hands but the difference was small. Tried riding with gloves and there was no difference, I ride on public roadways, commuting to work, taking my kids for a ride, and just going out for a 30 mile stretch. Now ultimately what im getting at, is what can i do to alleviate my hands going numb? I was thinking about trading the bike for a verve. I assume the more upright position would help out? Or the issue can be remedied by a simple stem upgrade? I also have a 2018 scott addict 30 road bike enduro frame. On the scott its even worse. The gentleman at the LBS told me just to change my riding position, not exactly sure how to. Im 6'1 and weigh 220 pounds. If theres any more information I need to provide please do let me know.
If you are overweighted on the front of the bike, that could be what is causing your hands to go numb. You want to have most of your weight on the saddle and your hands should just be resting on the bars only assisting in keeping your torso up. This could be a fit issue where your saddle height is too high or you are too far forward with your saddle. An upright bike like the Verve would certainly alleviate this since 90% of your weight is on the saddle if you have the handlebars up high with the adjustable stem.