Old 01-14-21, 11:39 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6196 Post(s)
Liked 4,811 Times in 3,319 Posts
2 out my three wrecks at 20 plus mph were nothing. The other was something, but I'll never know as amnesia and no witnesses leave me at loss to say why I wrecked. The only difference from that wreck and the other two was that evidently I landed on my head first. The other two I landed on my side and in general, stayed with the bike for much of brief time it took to come to a stop. One I landed more on my upper arm and that was the least issue for me with just slight soreness for a few days. The other I landed on my upper leg and hip first. That took a week of soreness to get over. The one wreck I can't remember, while only in the hospital a day, took me five months to feel like things around me weren't surrealistic and that I was fully cognizant again..

Certainly I feel not trying to break your fall with your outstretched arm or arms is important. As well I think staying attached to the bike helps. And yes, I also think that low speed crashes might be the worst, though I can't remember if I ever had a low speed crash other than the few times I felt like a tree being fell in the woods when I found myself stopped but not unclipped. I those instances I kept my hands on the handlebars and let my lower leg hit first and spread the force by continuing the roll to my upper leg and side of body. No damage, get up, clip in and ride off.

Thinking about and discussing what you are going to do in falls well before you have them is probably the best defense.

Last edited by Iride01; 01-14-21 at 11:44 AM.
Likes For Iride01: